Tuesday, August 19, 2008

back in the pool

Last night I went to core class and then made my way to the evening swim with T3, where I was hoping that the rain and thunder would hold off so I could finally get a good workout in the pool. Having watched SO MUCH swimming in the Olympics and seeing the underwater form of those free-stylers...I was ready!!

I jumped in, did the 200m warm-up and felt pretty good, thinking I was finally going to make it through an entire swim workout. Two weeks ago I had let Mo know that I felt as though I was in swim purgatory. I was faster than T1 folks but not quite fast enough for the T2 lanes and I was frustrated. I decided to take a few weeks off and come back when I was ready mentally.

Made it through the 3200 workout, felt good and even swam 3 back to back 100s at 1:45 pace. (even Mo was shocked!) It is no 46 second 100 but I am happy with feeling strong under 2 minutes.

I am going to try and get in a swim at the Nike Campus in Portland this Thursday....apparently this facility is AMAZING.

1 comment:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Girl crush back at ya with those swim times!! Thanks for boosting my ego yesterday. I needed it!!!