Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Back in it!!!

So after a very long week in North Central California with a very Kick Ass half Iron team.....I am back in Austin and ready to move full speed ahead with 5 weeks of very hard training before the lovely taper to my first Ironman.

I was able to get in a few really good workouts and trying not to stress too much about not getting in a long bike ride. Got in a few swims, some hill repeats and long run and one bike ride. Travel day was Monday coming back, so I did nothing on that day.

Yesterday, (Tuesday) I left work and had a track workout of 8x800 with 200 recovery in between. Keeping all my 800's around the same pace. I was able to go between 3:45 and 3:50 for each one. I was happy with that & I felt strong. After run it was time for a T3 swim....so off I went to Lost Creek for 2800m. It was a strength workout with some timed 100m in there. In talking to Mo, I feel like I am in a really good spot with my swim for Ironman and I can see the improvement, which is really exciting! After about 2500m in the pool last night we did some timed 4 x 100 on a 2 minute interval at 85% and I came up with 1:45 EACH TIME!!

So two good workouts.

Tonight is a 2 hour bike, I will probably make my way to South Mopac.
Thursday- 70 minute run with some pickups in the middle & Open Water Swim.
Friday- Open Water Swim (going for 4 laps in the Quarry)
Saturday- The Rookie Tri & ride home from New Braunfels with Magzilla.
Sunday- 30 mile hilly bike ride with a 2.5 hour run and a recovery swim.

I AM EXCITED TO BE BACK!!!

No comments: