Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Veloway...good ride

So tonight I left work at 4 PM, went home got my biking stuff (had to make a quick trip to J&A's to get my bike....it's a good story, I have my own personal mechanic and I didn't even ask for it)

Made my way to the Veloway. I was supposed to ride for 2 hours and time each 8 mile trip around the Mopac Feeder. My computer was acting up, so I couldn't see mph or rpm's but I timed each trip.

First Loop- 28:32 (just trying to warm up the legs and feel good)
Second Loop- 25:16 (felt really good)
Third Loop- 23:18 (that loop was good and the wind picked up a bit)
Fourth Loop- 21:09 (I did it...I was able to take off time each loop! YIPPEE!!!)

The final partial loop was a cool down where some girl decided to ride up next to me and give me some tips. Kind of annoying...but oh well.

Tomorrow is a 70 minute run with some fartleks....and then an Open Water swim.

This weekend will be touch but I am READY!!

1 comment:

Aldi26 said...

That actually sounds like a fun work-out! I'll add it to my list of things to do when I move back (notice the use of when and not if).

Can't wait to see you next week! :)