Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tough day at the office

So yesterday I got up around 630 AM to do my first run of the day. (yes, it was double duty) With the way my stomach was feeling I was super nervous with what would happen...it was only 40 minutes, I can do this. It went fine and I actually felt pretty hydrated and strong.

I got in my work day and around 630 PM began the 80 minute run. (15 min. w/u, 50minute tempo run & 15 minute c/d) As I began to run on the trail the wind picked up, the skies got dark and it started to rain. I decided to hang in as long as I could. My quads were burning and not feeling good as I was only 30 minutes into the workout. Then the skies opened up and there was thunder. Since I opted for Safety First, I headed back towards my car putting in 60 of the 80 minutes into my feet. I was happy with that as I knew I had a tough bike trainer workout in the AM.

Which brings me to 630 AM again this morning. I got on my trainer and go through a series of timed sprints (3x5min, 3x3 min., 3x1min & some recovery in between) on the bike....the entire workout took me 1 hour and 15 minutes. I felt great at the end averaging 19.2 mph. Tonight is a 2.4 mile swim. YIKES!!

More later....only 24 more stinking days! (that is what Mama T would say!)

No comments: