Monday, May 19, 2008

Scary Scary

So I got up and took off to do the Dam Loop on Saturday.....got finished in about 3.5 hours (this included throwing up all my nutrition and oatmeal about 7 miles before I finished) and my legs felt as though someone had walked all over them and I was super dehydrated once again. I spent the next couple hours pumping water into my system & a bit of food before I went to go work a few hours at J&A's. (Helping out my friend Jack since I had to call in on Thursday.)

On Saturday I finally got two full meals in me without them returning back to me in a not so pretty fashion and so I got up on Sunday and headed out to Texas Ski Ranch for the Skeese Greet's Sprint Tri. Not sure if I was going to race, I had told Stacy I would come out to do the National Anthem. I got up and felt ok and so I put my bike and gear in the car and decided....What the hell? Right?? If I pass out....At least I am well surrounded. I was told NOT to the 2.5 hour run on the schedule but this was ok.

Skeese Greet's was fun...same course as the Rookie the weekend before so I knew how to push myself for the hour workout. I was able to swing a PR and took off one minute from my time last weekend. I had the same swim and bike but my run was 7:48 miles instead of 7:56 which was funny cause I felt super slow on the run. Funny how that goes.

Packed up my stuff..headed home and took it easy until about 330 I decided to go out for that 1-1.5 hour run. I was able to do the 1.5 hour run but once again, I am still not full hydrated for distance and so it was tough to get through the final 15 minutes of the 1.5 hours I took off for.

I drank tons of water the rest of the evening and I am waiting for my schedule from my coach for this week. This week was supposed to be recovery but I want to put in some distance on the bike on Saturday.

Tonight is hills on the bike. Tomorrow will be a track workout and swim. Wed-Sun????

To be continued.

1 comment:

Me said...

You pay good money for your coaches so listen to them. If they say to rest, then rest. If they say to push it, then push it. As I said on Saturday, I can understand you being nervous about the great unknown of doing an Ironman, but they have seen hundreds of athletes do Ironman races so that have that vast store of experience. Rest!