Friday, May 16, 2008

Ironman Build? What??

I stopped by Hill Country Running Store to see Andrea Fisher and ask her about my Ironman build this weekend. I knew she had gone through a rough bout of Food Poisoning a week ago and I wasn't sure if I should be doing a long bike ride tomorrow since I have had NO REAL FOOD in me since 1230 AM on Wednesday. (and I am still trying to slowly put food back in)

She said if I do too much too soon it could come back worse as she found out after the Rookie and ride this past Saturday.

Absolute fear comes across my face and she can see this. I CAN'T MISS A 6 HOUR BIKE RIDE AND A 2.5 HOUR RUN!!! I CAN'T!!!

She said to try and get in a longer ride sometime next week.

I don't know if I can make that happen with the new job starting on Monday. What to do? What to do?

I am going to see how I feel later tonight, I guess.

1 comment:

Aldi26 said...

I really hope you took it easy today! You need it! But you did miss a fun Blanco ride. Carrie and I knocked it out in about 5 hours.... nice. :)