Monday, June 16, 2008

Carrie'd Away!!

My other friend, Carrie B. or Tri to Be Funny blogger sent me this on e-mail today...

1.) If there's ever a moment you feel like you're working too hard--YOU ARE! Slow down and get back within yourself. (unless you're sprinting to the finish line)

2.) Don't let anyone other than a race official pull you off the course. As Chrissie and Mo said, there may be times you want to quit or abandon the race. Don't DO it unless you medically CANNOT continue. Chill out for a while, walk, eat...whatever it takes to change the attitude and get back on the course.

3.) Only think about one discipline at a time.

4.) Consume a ton of calories on the bike. It will make all of the difference in the run.

5.) You've planned your race. Now, race your plan!!! (sound familiar?!?)

I cannot wait to watch you cross the line on Sunday night. I swear, I'm going to be glued to my computer all day!! I'm so glad this sport has led me to a new friend and I can't wait to celebrate properly!!!!!

Have the best day of your life and smile like there's no tomorrow! You are going to be an IRONMAN in just a few short days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Carrie...you are a true gem...so glad we are friends through this crazy thing called Ironman!!

No comments: