Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fartlek Workout & a Swim...



Ok, so now into the taper it all feels weird. It is hard to motivate myself for a 45minute Fartlek run. However, I left work at 4:00 and went to the trail to get this done. I am glad that I did this.

I usually go to the Tuesday morning swim...somehow my alarm went off at 5:00 AM and the next thing I knew I was waking up at 730 AM..I slept through swim yesterday morning...which meant I had to go in the evening...which means ADD Colleen comes out because after a long day of work and a run ...I don't want to pay attention. However, last night at swim I focused as hard as I could putting in the 2900m with my swim coach, Chrissie. By the way, if you live in Austin....I love T3 and there swim program. Why I chose to do the bike/run portion with Texas Iron and get coaching from them, the swim part of my Ironman is going to rock because of Chrissie and Maurice. If you are looking for a great swim clinic and many swim sessions during the week to choose from check out T3.

Our workout consisted of a lot of 150's last night, and Chrissie told me it was all about consistency and being comfortable. From the moment I hit the water for warm-up to one hour later...I felt really good and strong. I kept all my 150's under 3 minutes...(let's remember 4 months ago when holding my 150s at 3:30 was a task)....it looked something like this.

300 warm-up with drills
8 x 150 (each 150 had some sort of spin on it...fast 50, 85% 50, fast 50..etc.)
300 recovery with drills
6 x 150 with fins (these were fun..keeping on a 2:45 interval..I killed it coming in around 2:25)
cool down...


It is crazy that the ONE thing I really want to keep doing after this Ironman is swim. I have really learned to LOVE it and I want to continue getting better as I see the swim improving my overall fitness!! (don't get me wrong, I want to keep biking and running...I just want to do it on my terms for a few months, not be tied to some schedule!!)

Anyhow...I am tired and trying to stay hydrated. I turn in the bike TODAY!!

ONLY TEN STINKING DAYS AWAY!!!!

No comments: