Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fond Farewell & THREE


Had a good last night in Austin...met up with my friend Fuller where I received the ultimate plane goodie bag full of trashy magazine and clean magazine, gum, hair ties, bubbles (I left those at home to not get flagged), tic tacs, iTunes card and all sorts of fun goodies. Then Beijing (meg b)stopped over to give me 2 homemade CD's for the trip. By the way Meg, I have only listened to the one entitle bad ass. Yeah..it rocks. Then I opened up a box from my friend Stephanie in Orlando...when I opened the cardboard box there was a little blue Tiffany's box inside. As I opened the card (I am paraphrasing) it read, "when it gets really hard you will certainly need a litle faith." I opened the box to find a silver cross necklace. And then the tears started....Stephanie is another one of those amazing women that has stood in the gap for me when I couldn't do it any more. She is my music buddy as we enjoy rocking out to the same bands and she is one of the most giving people I have ever met. Thanks Steph...I am wearing it right now.

Dropped miss Eloise off at the week long baby-sitter and saw a few more good friends...(thanks Julie, Tom, Randy and Jeff for talking me off the Lost Creek bridge) and met up with Sammy for dinner and final packing.

Now....I am in Denver waiting for the final flight to Spokane where I will meet up with new friend, Jami and we will spend some relaxing time together in beautiful CdA!! I can't wait to see what restaurant and good times we will have....

I am so excited to see this journey come full circle this weekend.

Only THREE DAYS...THREE STINKING DAYS!!!

**by the way Pat...I am enjoying all the "muppets" so far on my plane all decked out in the compression socks, aero helmets, IM gear to let me know they have done 6 others all over the world. Good times. Good stinking times.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You go girl! I am so proud of you. I will be with you in Spirit! I wish I could be there but I told Robin I would be checking in with her. I am sooo proud of you.

Love you!
Beth

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Sounds like your heart and mind are in the right place. You will be brilliant!!

Andi said...

Your chicks will be there with bells on in $.25Lane!!! See you in two days, my dear!! Breathe in all the beautiful scent of your dream realized, my champion friend!! You've already won!!!!

Mwah!
Andi

Trigirlorlando said...

Just saw you cross the finish line...AND YES...you looked like Tiger Woods at the end of the US Open!! Colleen Wilson...YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!! Congrats!!!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

stellar, stellar finish!!!!!!!!!!!! So amazing!

Anonymous said...

Way to go. Wot a great time!! You totally rocked it.

Looking forward to reading the race report IRONMAN!!!!!!!!!!

Aldi26 said...

Way to go IRONMAN Colleen!!! You are amazing and you rocked it like we all knew you would! I can't wait to see pictures! :)

me and my Homeys said...

Coll, you rock! As if we didn't already know it!

Congrats!! We were glued to the computer all day.

Are you planning your next one already? ;)