Monday, June 9, 2008

last Big weekend!!

Had another strong weekend....Friday was a 75 minute run that happened primarily in pouring down rain in the morning. There is nothing I detest more than wet socks and wet shoes...however, I persevered.

Ran into my good friend Cathy at the grocery store later that afternoon. She is another CdA'er and we were talking about all the things going through our head, how moody we have been and the ups and downs of emotion.

Got to bed rather early after seeing Son of Rambow with Sammy. Really good, funny movie. Love me some British and 80s humor. Got up on Saturday and crawled my way to the kitchen to prepare for the final 4 hour ride. For some reason, I was moving rather slowly and the 7 AM start became 915 AM. I went an swam 45 minutes in Barton Springs first where Andrea Fisher swam 4 lengths to my one and then got out and started my bike ride (sans the wetsuit of course) I felt good on the final 'BIG' ride...just taking it easy and adding in some hills as I took on the Dam Loop, Riverplace, Courtyard and a trip up Lost Creek at the very end. Good times.

Got back to my place and rested a bit and then met my friends Meg and Fuller for Chuys!!...this is Meg below from Cap Tex. She is super cool. Went home and just cleaned up some things, watched the movie..P.S. I Love You and fell asleep around 930. Yes, I know....I am such a partier.

Got up at 530 on Sunday, ate some food...and left for my run rendevous with my friend Shelley. I had mapped out a route from Rogue Equipment that was 14 miles..7 out, 7 back. It was a pretty route and Shelley ran the first 7 with me, which was good because it caused me to take things easy having a friend to run and chat with. As I hit the turn around the first 7 were in 1 hour and 9 minutes...I wanted to move a bit quicker and do the final 7 in under an hour. That is what I did and I felt great at the end. It was good to put my feet on the asphalt and take time away from the trail. (I also find it is easier for me to bail on Town Lake trail runs. I get bored easily) I did the final 7 in 57 minutes...meaning 8 minute miles and a negative split!! Later that day I went for a recovery swim in Barton Springs...and that was a really great ice bath!!

I spent the rest of the day making lists for packing and getting my bike ready for Tri Bike Transport. Started working on transition bags and special needs bags and other various house chores.

It is now Monday...and the official taper begins. A 60 minute recovery ride today is quite laughable, but I will do it. The rest of the week?

Tuesday- swim with T3, 45 minute run
Wednesday- swim at the Quarry
Thursday- Texas Iron workout, bike
Friday-Day off!!!
Saturday- 30 minute swim, 2.5 hr ride and 30 minute run
Sunday- 75 minute run

I know this is going to feel weird but I am tired of feeling tired so I know I need the REST!!

Only 12 more days!!!

3 comments:

Aldi26 said...

Isn't it amazing that after all this, your taper week looks like a crazy, tough week for most people!?!? :)

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Ha ha--I love it! In bed by 9:30pm (and that's considered kinda late!!) Hey--Shawn and I are in for Indigo Girls tomorrow night. I'll call you to discuss details. He may work a little late, so I'll see where you'll be before the concert!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it to the taper. You have done some mammoth workouts and should feel really proud of your accomplishments so far.

I'm looking forward to following your progress on the big day. Don't forget to post your race number!

Good luck