Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Curvy Road Ahead



So this has become one of my favorite signs in Austin. As I learn new routes and visit old one's, I love to see that there may be something fun coming up! This weekend was about intensity not about volume on the bike. I also had a lot of personal commitments throughout the weekend...Here is what the weekend looked like for training...

Friday night- Open Water Swim at the Quarry. I made it around 3 laps...approximately 2300m and here were my splits for each lap...
15:16
16:18
16:07

First lap was obviously a bit fast (I was without wetsuit so I was just trying to get warm!!!) and then the last 2 were pretty consistent...I was happy with that.

Saturday- ride 2.5 hours, hilly ride. I did SW Pkwy to Barton Creek to Bee Caves, and turned around close to 620 and headed back in, completing the ride with 2 repeats of the FULL Lost Creek....what a bitch that was, yet effective. Made it back to my house by 1030, showered and cleaned up, time to go to a friends wedding!

Sunday- got my run in...late afternoon which was good for me but really hard. I was supposed to run 2 hours, and I did BUT it felt like 6 hours. My legs were led for first 30 minutes and then I came across these ladies sitting out on the trail with a sign that said "FREE ADVICE" I of course could NOT pass this up, I stopped to talk to them and they asked me what I was training for...as I told them, their free advice was, "why are you doing this? Stop running now and go have a margarita!!" gotta love free advice!

This week is going to be tough fitting in life and training but I will do my darndest...here is what I have done already and will do.

Monday- swim 60 min. T3 swim at night, 2900m, swam my 100m at 95% in 1:45!! Was super excited to see that!
Tuesday- got up for 75 min. on the trainer with some timed sections in the big gear for climbing. Yeah!! Tonight will be a 60 min run with some tempo and sprints inter-mixed!
Wednesday- swim with T3, brick with Maggie perhaps.
Thursday- run in the AM, Texas Iron bike workout in the PM.
Friday- Open Water swim at the Quarry, will go for 4 times around.
Saturday- long bike, 4.5-5 hour ride with a 30 min run off the bike.
Sunday- 2.75 hour run....ugh. & a 45 minute recovery swim.

1 comment:

Me said...

How was the bike workout last night? ;-)