Sunday, April 20, 2008

Holy Hilly workout batman!!!


Yes, Saturday was a FUN day of hills, sweat and the chance to test my mental game in this thing we call Ironman training.

Here is what took place:


630 AM, wake up, eat and get ready to RIDE.
715 AM, leave the house and head out to LCRA parking lot on Lake Austin Blvd. Met with the TNT Cap Tex Tri team. Spend a few minutes encouraging them for their day and take off...here is where it gets interesting.

I had looked on my map and saw that I could take Red Bud Tr. to Westlake Dr. and pop out at Davenport Village off of 360 where the TNT Wildflower team is doing a multiple brick workout so then I can say hi to them.

Let's remember friends. I still don't know Austin that well and had no idea that taking off on Red Bud and Westlake was going to be hilly terrain and I also met a ravenous dog that wanted to take off my leg while riding by.

I finally get to 360, say hi to the team and I am off on the 5 hour adventure...here is the rest of what I rode on Saturday, May 19, 2008.

360 to Bee Caves
Bee Caves to 620...up 620
Steiner Ranch 4 mile loop doing 3 repeats of the final hill on 620.
Riverplace...yes more climbing.
Down City Park, finally some recovery
Right on Courtyard....10% grade climb. ouch.
back to 360.
(insert tiny mental breakdown here)
Then Bee Caves to Barton Creek
one final climb up Lost Creek.
Back home. Change Shoes. 30 minute run.

If you are tired reading this and if you KNOW these roads. Tough day. Oh, did I mention I was by myself? Yeah...by myself. 75 miles, 5 hours of climbing.

This afternoon I will run 2.5 hours. Longest run yet...details to follow.

1 comment:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Dear God Woman!! You should slay IMCda with that kind of training!! Just back in town...thanks for the shout out. I'm ignoring the fact that you said 2nd Ironman :-) I'm still celebrating the gluttony of the first!!!! COntinue to kick some tail out there! I hope to be back to swim this week...already!