Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Update!

This past weekend was JAM packed with stuff, but I managed to get it all in...

Saturday- Met up with some of the TNT Wildflower folks to ride out to Johnson City. I love this ride! Pretty terrain, rolling hills and the weather was picture perfect for us! I got in the 60 miles and then off the bike for a 20 min run. I am being pretty picky about nutrition at this point. I finished all the water and food I needed to and the 20 minute run actually felt good!

(then I went with the some of the TEAM for a Burger, got home, had about 2 hours to myself and then off for a gig at Carlos & Charlie's with my band. When I got home at midnight...me was very tired)

Sunday- took the morning to sleep in, which sadly at this point is anything past 800 AM!! I got up at 830 AM, met Mama T for church and then I had to do a 1.5 hour run. Finished that and spent the rest of the day doing laundry, working on some music stuff and making my plan for the week.

I have found if I sit down on Sunday afternoon and just take ONE week at a time, I don't get overwhelmed with the ENTIRE Ironman Schedule. Here is what this week looks like:

Monday- day off (We like that)
Tuesday- Swim with T3, 45 min run with 5 X 1 min fast, 2 min ez
Wednesday- Swim with T3, 75 minute ride on trainer
Thursday- Texas Iron Brick workout, (don't know if I will make this so will do on my own)
Friday- Swim at the Quarry, open water practice
Saturday- 60 minute swim at Bartson Springs, 2.5-3.0 hour ride immediately after.
Sunday- 90 minute base run

Last week I dialed back things about 50% during the week to recover from Lonestar and then hit things on the weekend.

I am back in the swing and feel really great about where I am with IM training!

Thanks for ALL the support friends...your emails, texts & calls have been awesome!

A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO CARRIE B. (Austin) & WENDY C. (Orlando) doing IRONMAN ARIZONA THIS WEEKEND!!! IT IS THEIR FIRST 140.6....BOTH OF YOU WILL KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS!!!

1 comment:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Thanks for the shout-out sister! Let the fun begin...