Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The disappearing act of Colleen Renee'

First, I am sorry Alida for no updates since last week. I do have a few reasons.

Saturday- ran 1.5 hours & helped a friend at her TNT fundraiser, then worked at Jack & Adam's for 4 hours, then went directly to Mama T's to begin the move of all my larger items to my new South 1 bedroom Apartment!! :) Yes, I am now a true Austinite! I live about one mile from Town Lake....a few blocks from South Congress. It pretty much rocks. I got all that stuff moved and finally tucked myself into my new digs at 1030ish.

Sunday- got up for one of the BEST bike rides to date. Met Maggie & Jeff W. for the Fitzhugh Ride. We got out about 22 miles and turned around....Jeff says, "You and Maggie want to do Barton Creek and Lost CreeK? I don't like to do 71/Mopac Feeder going back to the city." Colleen & Maggie very excited, "OK!!!!!"***

***What we did not know. We had never done Lost Creek in its entirety. (is there a reason why it's called Lost Creek? Is it because we aren't supposed to find it??) Uh huh. There was some pain involved and maybe a few random/snide remarks towards Jeff. We finished up the day with a 50 mile ride- 3 hours and both Maggie and I felt tired and good.

Jeff is so damn awesome to ride with, (and you too Maggie!!) I learned a lot about my pre-race & on the bike nutrition. I also got some cycling tips and he is just super positive and pushes you to your limit. (I am glad Ed left him for T3, cause that means I get to ride with him!!!)

After the bike, quick 40 minute run and then I had a few other random things that afternoon I had to do.

Got some things unpacked in my new place and had a few beers to celebrate some more incredible change in my life. I love this town! I love where my training is right now!!

1 comment:

Brian Kirk said...

jeff is all about living!