Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Getting ready for Sunday!!!



This Sunday is my first big race of the season. NOT my 'A' race but being in Galveston this weekend will be like racing back in Florida, so I am excited to see where my time takes me!! Let's take a look at the work done since good old Longhorn Tri in November.

Swim: Took the T3 clinic and have been swimming 2-3 times per week since mid-January. (I know this doesn't sound like much but if you knew how much I had done before this and how much I used to hate the water, this is HUGE) I have taken about 26 seconds off my 100m since working with T3 and learning to become more efficient in the water.

Bike: I feel strong be it hills, wind, flatlands....and this is flat....out and back (twice)along the seawall. Yes I could have a head wind one way but I just need to stay in a good place mentally and know that as I turn, a tailwind will allow me to recover. I would love to go under 3 hours for this bike and I totally KNOW this is possible.

Run: I am certainly stronger since October on the run as proved in my time at the Austin Half. I would really love to go between 2:00 and 2:15. The trick is going to be keeping the high cadence on the bike so I can save my legs for the run.

I would love to have a PR and I think on this course it is more than possible with the things that are IN my control. We shall see.....

Stay tuned for the race report come Monday!

This is my 4th Half Iron and I feel really prepared due to T3(swim), Texas Iron (nutrition, bike and run) & Jeff Williams (the guy that rides his mountain bike way ahead of me when I am struggling up hills on my Tri bike & also the guy that has taught me to love my life and stay positive no matter what!!!)

Did I mention I love this sport?

2 comments:

Aldi26 said...

Good luck! Show that race who's boss. I'll be cheering for you from here!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

OMG-I can feel your excitement and confidence, girl!! Let it shine because you will do wonderful this weekend!!