Friday, March 14, 2008

I Like Swimming!!!

I will begin with letting you know there is NO sarcasm in the title of this post. Read on.

So this week I made it to both T3 swims on Tues and Thur morning, swimming 2700 m both days! And then today, Friday I got up and went to meet the TNT group for swim and did another 2600 m. 8000 m total for this week and I am feeling a rhythm in the water that I have not before! I was weary of finishing the 2.4 mile swim but I am super confident that the swim is something I am going to ENJOY!! I will say that again for all my friends that have listened to be bitch about the swim.

I am going to ENJOY the swim at Ironman CdA!!

I look forward to 545 AM, three days a week and I can see myself getting stronger. I even moved up a lane at T3 on Thursday and my 100 time was 1:51. I know, not super fast but hey....when I started this whole swim clinic thing about 5 months ago, my 100 was well over 2 minutes, so I have improved friends!!

The weather is perfect in Austin this weekend!! I am moving to a new house today and tomorrow. I will run 2 hours tomorrow and ride 3.5-4 hours on Sunday!! Can't wait to be outside.....those you that are venturing outside, load up on the SPF, hydrate and live it up in this weather. (except for you Alida, cause you are in Chicago...I will ride a few extra miles for you outside. Please move back to Austin. I think I speak for a few of us)

2 comments:

Brian Kirk said...

you & me both. i have a feeling we'll be side-by-side in the swim portion at CDA. we'll catch everyone on the bike & run!!!

Aldi26 said...

Colleen, where are you? I need updates!