Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend of Riding...amazing!!

After 2 days of a rather stressful move I was certainly ready to get on my bike and put in some mileage....and that is exactly what happened!

Saturday was Pedal thru the Pines, an organized ride in Bastrop, TX that goes through a really beautiful park and then quiet, country roads. This was the first ride I did in Austin on arrival last year and conditions were worse last year. We had clear skies, amazing temperature & good company. We went 63.2 miles (thanks Ryan!!) and had an absolute blast. I will post some pictures later!! (63.2 miles at 17.1 avg.)

The rest of the afternoon was a few beers and some REST.

Sunday it was back up for the grind.....met Mama T and Desiree for 50 miles on the Mansfield Dam Loop. I was really glad we started at 7 AM because as time went on, the wind picked up and coming back on 360 was painfully hard.

My coaches told me light running this weekend because I have a broken toe that is on the mend AND with camp this coming weekend I need to be 100%. So later yesterday evening I did 30 minutes of just running on tired legs, went for a nice steak and beer with Mama T and was in bed by 930 PM.

It was such a good weekend....and I love the bike, I really really LOVE it!!

No comments: