Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hello Mother, Hello Father...



Greetings from Camp....Texas Iron!
I'll be swimming, biking, running...all to get ready for my big race in the summer!!

YIPPEEEEE!!! Only 40 minutes left before I leave work, go to a track practice and then go home and pack for a weekend of training. (Sick that I get a total adrenaline rush out of all this.) I will be making my way to Kerrville, Texas and it will be 4 days of 2 workouts each day and also getting to know Texas Iron folk a bit more.

What I love the most is no email or phone (i will check messages but will not carry this on me) Just me, cabins, my bike and some good time to myself. I am in total need of a weekend like this. I hope to come back tired and even more empowered for my Ironman!! So you will have NO postings this weekend (stop crying Brian) but look for some Monday morning....cause you know, I will keep track of all that I learn and take in!!

Don't miss me too much and have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Brian Kirk said...

i've got a box of kleenex close by when i start to feel sad about the lack of your blog posting this weekend. enjoy yourself this weekend & share some of cool tips with the rest of us when you get back.

Aldi26 said...

Have a great weekend Colleen! I will be waiting anxiously for the reports! I will of course be doing all of my cycling indoors this weekend due to the forecast of snow.... Is it time for me to come back to Texas yet??

Me said...

Have fun and don't let the chip seal beat your ass up.