Thursday, January 3, 2008

Bring on the Monkey

This link was sent to me via my friend Maggie, via her friend Scott...it's some very helpful tips...check it out.

It really gives some great advice about race day and how to approach the unknown, if this is your first Ironman. My favorite happens to be #10.

10. The Second Lap Monkey carries a big stick, and its name is Pain. Love it, hate it, get angry at it. Breathe it with every breath, feel it with every step and use it. It lets you know you are still alive, more alive than most people will ever be in their whole lives. The clock keeps on ticking and everything bad must eventually come to an end. All you have to do is keep running in a straight line until someone tells you to stop.

See I had told Maggie that the Second Lap on the run would play games with my mind. It's a 2 lap course for each event...2 laps swim, 2 lap bike and a 2 lap run. I have never done a course like this even in a Half Ironman...

but as my friend Ed said in response to #10....BRING ON THE MONKEY!!!!

I got up today, did my Core exercise, coffee and oatmeal, tonight I will go spin with a few friends!!

No comments: