Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day One....CdA

January 1, 2008 marks the start of Ironman training for Colleen Renee Wilson. It's going to be awesome...yesterday was a pre-kickoff when Maggie & I (of team Magleen) took off to ride the Damn loop. A 45 mile loop with some tough climbs...we did this loop the only way Team Magleen should...backwards, which means UP 2222. And we rocked it. For those not in Austin...10% grade, .55 mile climb, on a scale of 1-10 it is considered a 6. What made it that more RAD was this ride was the first ride Maggie and I took together back in April (I think?) and so it was fitting we did this as our last ride of the year....She will be racing CdA with me & I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!

Had a very low key New Years Eve....got up this morning & met Maggie and Amber for an 8 mile run, push-ups, pull-ups, planks, tri-dips. After this breakfast at Maggies......gingerbread pancakes, eggs, OJ, coffee and more good conversation. These ladies...

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

That is what they are to me!! They sing back that tune when I can't fine it anymore. Although this blog is about my adventure to CdA it was great to kick that off with Maggie and Amber and know that 2008 is going to be rockin!

I truly believe that every person is a new door to a different world. I know I have found that with so many good people here in Austin! Here is to one year in Texas and six months to CdA!!!

Get ready.

Yeah, this is us....before the 8 mile jog on January 1.

No comments: