Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday: Aquathon


Yup, that's what I did today.

Got up to meet Maggie for some spin at 6 AM with instructor, Zach. Fun class, good music, he woke me up and he wasn't bad to look at!! Just kept a high cadence and woke myself up. The standard after spin for Maggie and I, well any workout actually was our 3 sets of 1.5 minute planks and 3 sets of 20 push-ups!! HOOYAH!!! Did a few more Core exercises and some strength exercises (from my PT) for my right hip flexor(the right side is what got hurt in my bike crash back in November)

Got to work, was there about two hours and was feeling some anxiety (and maybe a touch of stress) and my body was feeling good so I took off to swim at Pure Austin for 30 minutes. Then noticed there was a spin class at noon and decided to jump in for 45 minutes. My friend, Brian, who is also training for CdA, was on the bike right next to me! Good sweating it out with you Brian!!

So today Bike, Swim, Bike

I feel better. I feel focused. Now, it's time to get to work. I love it that exercise has become my place to go when I need to release.

1 comment:

Brian Kirk said...

and when there isn’t a gym nearby for you to “let it out” lucky for us there are a lot of good bars in austin!