Sunday, January 20, 2008

Frosting My Fanny

Today was a good day....Frost Yer Fanny was cold but fun. I learned that I don't like running a 5k after my feet are FROZEN from a 21 mile bike. It felt like I was still running with my bike shoes on!!

Here are my results:

First 5k, 25:40 8:17 mph avg. (not too bad, I am happy with that!!)
21 mile bike 1:08, 17.8 mph avg. (this is a BIT slow for me but with the wind and cold, I will take this time)
Second 5k 27:32 8:53 mph avg. (Very happy this is only a few minutes off the first 5k, cause it felt WAY slower. I really pushed myself in the last mile, once I could feel the bottoms of my feet again)

Total time
:
2:06:20

The highest temperature was 34 degrees and the wind picked up by the second loop of the bike. So, all of those things taken into account....it was a very solid race for me!

I am tired, my lips are severely chapped and it is now 900 pm and I can feel my feet again.

Pretty decent Sunday if you ask me!! Tomorrow I have off and so I will SLEEP IN!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

These are my friends that joined me in the madness!! Ryan, Naomi, Shelley, Me and Carrie

Mileage for the week:

Swim: @ 4000 meters
Bike: 60 miles
Run: 21 miles

(1 yoga class and 1 core class)

No comments: