Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend training...

Well, the sun came out and I had an absolutely beautiful 40 mile ride on Saturday morning. I could have stayed out there another 40!! With having a week and a half of rain, ice, grey skies, Saturday was exactly what I needed for real. Not too windy, not a cloud in the sky and off we go for our 40 mile ride!!

Today, (Sunday) I was supposed to run the 3M Half Marathon, but that did not happen. I started to get a really bad allergy migraine at around 730 last night and I could not get it to go away. Medicine, none of that made it go away. I woke up at 5 AM to walk Eloise and get ready and I was still in a lot of pain. Mama T came to pick me up at 545 AM to ride to the start and I got in her car and quickly made the decision to stay home. My legs were achy and I was tired from no sleep. I did not need to prove I could run 13.1 miles, and so I sent her on her way.

I went back inside...took 800mg of Ibuprofen and went back to bed!! I am feeling much better now, mid-morning and I will go out to the Hike and Bike Trail and try to put in 10 miles this afternoon.

I really wanted to run this Half Marathon, but knew if I did, with the way the last 12 hours had gone, I could do some damage. Not worth it. Crazy, I have never not shown up for a race. That felt strange.

I will post total mileage after I get a run in this afternoon.

3 comments:

Brian Kirk said...

very smart of you to listen to your body this morning. you've got nothing to prove to anyone - we all know that you are a bad ass!

Colleen Renee' Wilson said...

I don't feel like one Brian. My body hurts. hurts. hurts. I feel like I have been run over by a truck.

Brian Kirk said...

did you get the license plate number :)