Friday, February 15, 2008

Austin Half Marathon



After a tough Wednesday morning workout, I took the rest of Wednesday to rest the feets. I didn't go to core that night. I got up early Thursday morning, went to the pool and did my swim workout of 2200 m. Crazy to think I need to go twice that to really get the 2.4 + mile distance in for the Ironman. Swim was the only workout I did on Thursday.

Today, Friday, I got up and went to the track to do an EASY 25 minutes per my schedule. I may or may not have skipped during a few moments on the track! :) I just felt carefree and like I am gonna rock the race this weekend. I feel I am playing things really smart and have given myself good recovery but will go in with not completely rested legs, which my coach says is smart training for my A race in June.

I got home around 2:00, (called it an early day at the office due to many mornings, weekend and nights)!! I went through a 20 minute Yoga tape to just relax my soul and do some visualization. It was helpful as I needed to calm my heart.

Now just relaxing at home, I have an early morning with teams for TNT, then AT&T expo, then Pasta Party and home to rest.

Early morning on Sunday....a shout out to Maggie the Marathoner...her FIRST marathon!! Kick ass!!

1 comment:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Good luck this weekend! My husband and I are also running the Half Marathon on Sunday, but it's part of a 20 miler that I have to do...no racing for time for me!!