Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Recovery Ride?


So the plan was to ride an easy 40-50 miles yesterday, Monday, after crushing the 13.1 miles. Note to self: You do not ride with Jeff W. if what you want is a recovery ride. We ventured out to do the Damn Loop....(it is actually Dam Loop but I choose to spell it the other way because quite often during the ride, that is what I am saying....Damn, I am awesome!! right Chad?)

After climbing up 620, and on my way to 2222, the traffic was getting crazier, so we opted for a nice stroll through River Place. (this is a neighborhood you can cut through to avoid the scary downhill that is 2222) I asked Jeff, "are there any crazy climbs, cause my legs are feeling the pain of yesterday." Jeff replies, "nothing too crazy Colleen, a few rollers, that's all."

Jeff lies.

The picture above is of River Place, you must go way down to eventually climb back up to then go down to reach 2222. In all truthfulness, this a ride I will do again, it is perfect for training and a very safe neighborhood. I certainly felt my legs last night in any movement. No worries, I am not in pain, just pushing my body where I have not gone in awhile. I am resting today. Only some yoga this morning to stretch it all out.

Thanks to Vanessa for being on this ride with me. It was nice to have a friend that would yell at Jeff alongside me...however, you are married to him and had to look at him all night. I got to say goodbye once we hit J&A's shop.

Thanks to Chad for not passing me, even when I "kindly" told you to. (I know it may have sounded like shouting or yelling, but really I was just trying to talk over all the wind and traffic!)

Thanks to Jeff for not telling the truth about this ride and in all seriousness, thanks for the "help" when my legs were shot. Thanks for pointing out the deer on the side of the road when I could care less. Thanks for riding your mountain bike and always going faster than me on my road bike.

Thanks to Janessa. Janessa is the coolest couple in Austin, and I loved being outside with them on such a perfect day.

Tomorrow morning, Wilke.....gulp.

4 comments:

Chad G. Springer said...

Ride was awesome, as was EVERYONE involved. You did miss the 10% grade on Courtyard (backside). By miss, I mean that you would have cried and asked for your woobie. We would not have been able to get you out of the fetal position, I assure you. It was motivating but sucked hard all at the same time.

Colleen Renee' Wilson said...

Listen Gator....enough about my woobie cause I have not seen you at Hill workouts on Wednesday mornings in ONE month. So how about you show up tomorrow morning for a free pain-fest?? wilke is your bitch tomorrow. Then we talk about who is clutching onto their woobie and in the fetal position.

Trigirlorlando said...

Ohhhhh YUCKIE!! Hills?? Me no like hills!!! To this native Floridian...those arn't hills Colleen...they are FRICKIN MOUNTAINS!! Kinda puts Sugarloaf in perspective doesn't it!!
:) Counting the days until your big day :)
Melissa

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Dam Loop followed by Wilke?? Damn Girl--Ironman will be a piece of cake!! (Thanks for voting! Hopefully, I'll make it to Round 2 and the voting gets to start all over again!)