Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hungry.....

....and it's only 8:30. I had my first morning swim with the T3 Training group. I am going to continue swimming with them for my Ironman training. I need the accountability in the water the most. I would rather not swim, however this is not going to help me complete 2.4 miles.

I showed up at 545 AM, jumped in the water and completed a 2700m workout. It was good and hard at the same time.

Then I quickly went home, showered, had some oatmeal with strawberries, a bit of Kale on the side, took my vitamins and I am now sitting at work at 830. And guess what folks, I am hungry, I want to eat both my left and right shoe.

Is this normal? I am going to be hungry all morning, I don't think I packed enough snacks? Will I need to make a trip to Whole Foods?

On a completely different note, last night I had good workouts. 30 minute run & then core class. Then went to Casa with many good friends. I had missed Monday night Casa for some time now, and so it was good to be back!! Many good laughs...I have such good friends.

3 comments:

Brian Kirk said...

it was awesome seeing a friendly face this morning at practice. yes, you'll be hungry all day. in the past two weeks i've really gotten control of my calorie count & have even been able to put some weight back on. i snack before every workout & follow every workout with a protein shake.

prior to swim i had a 190 calorie energy bar (zoe's), as soon as i got in my car after swim i had a 160 calorie protein (30 grams) shake. when i got home i enjoyed my cup of coffee (it's all i think about when i swimming is getting home to a hot cup of coffee), followed by 2 cups of oatmeal, a cup & 1/2 of soy milk, a banana, some figs, some black berries, & a handful of almonds.

total calories before getting to the office: 1,300 - 1,400

it's now 10:15am & i'm about to grab another snack :)

Me said...

Yes, whenever I swim in the morning, much more so than running or biking, I'm ravenous afterwards and want to eat everything that I can find.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Hmmm...Some of my lane mates in lane 2 were talking about a new person on Tuesday morning who was lapping everyone!! Was that you?? If so, remind me not to come to workout on Tuesday mornings!!