Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Barton Springs...545 AM

This was the second week at Barton Springs and what a great workout! I am really starting to enjoy the pain-fest on Wednesday mornings! Today was a 1 mile warm-up, and then a 1.5 mile loop X 4. During the 1.5 mile loop, the hills we encountered were to be attacked and then 75% effort on the flatter sections. By the third lap I could tell I was working hard. My running partner, Mandy, helped with the pacing. Mandy, do you think you could come run the 26.2 in Idaho with me at the end of my Ironman? Each loop we stayed in between 11 & 12 minutes, which I was VERY happy with. As I am training in these first few months, I know that strength is very important and with each of these workouts I can see that building!

Swim clinic is tonight & then I will rest up for the Austin Half Marathon on Sunday!!! I am feeling good and hope to finish as close to 2 hours is possible! But if not, then it is good to be outside, alive and healthy!!!

No comments: